Months ago, we announced the Homage to the Holga exhibition. As the September 2 submission deadline is a month away, here are the rules for the entries.
- The exhibit is open to A3C3 members. If you would like to exhibit, and are not an A3C3 member, the fee is $15.
- Images must have been taken with any film camera produced by the Holga brand. That includes 120, 35mm and 110 film cameras, as well as any models that use a Polaroid or Instax back.
- Each photographer may submit up to 6 images for the exhibit. You will be notified within 7 days which of the images have been accepted. Please send a jpg file of your entries to email@example.com Each file should be labeled with your last name and image number. i.e., smith_01.jpg Image files should be no more than 1200 pixels for the longest side.
- The due date for digital entries is September 2.
- After you have been notified of which images have been accepted, you will have until October 11 to deliver your matted prints. The exhibit will take place at the Argus Museum in Ann Arbor, MI. Prints are not to be framed. We expect that most entries will be matted no larger than 14″ on any side. White overmats are expected. We suggest printing square images to 8×8″ on a 12×12″ mat. Rectangular prints should be no larger than 8×12″.
- The exhibit opens on October 13, 2016.
When you submit your images, include a text file with the following:
- Your name, address, and contact information.
- Very short (100 words or less) message about your Holga philosophy and when you started using one.
- Captions for the images (include year photograph was taken)
- The type of finished work that will be supplied– ink-jet, chromogenic, silver-gelatin, cyanotype, polaroid, etc.
- If the work is for sale (price) or not (NFS).